My secret weapon
Turmeric is a wonder drug! I drink fresh turmeric tea every day. Why is it such a big deal? Here are a few reasons you should be having turmeric:
- It is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral.
- It helps the body adapt to environmental toxins, inflammatory foods, and lack of sleep.
- It protects against cancer, arthritis, and Alzheimer’s.
- It fights off colds and the flu.
- It reduces the negative effects of fatty meals on your bloodstream.
Convinced yet that you need turmeric? Here’s my quick and easy recipe. Just mix everything together and drink as a hot tea. Be sure to drink everything at the bottom – so much good nutrition there!
Turmeric Tea Recipe
- Mug of hot water
- Half a knob of fresh turmeric, peeled and grated
- Half a knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Small pinch black pepper
I like to use water as the base for a zero calorie drink. Coffee or tea also works if you want caffeine.
For a variation with calories, try a Turmeric Latte. You can use any of the following as the base. You could even sweeten it with a bit of honey.
- Almond milk
- Cashew milk
- Coconut oil